Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You Are Invited!

Welcome to Approaching the Table. Beginning Monday, July 5, you can stop here for a daily devotional. For the most part these devotionals will be based on the daily readings from the Revised Common Lectionary, though topics may wander where the Spirit leads. A link to the scripture readings will always be included.

Apart from some introductory material over the next couple weeks, this blog is not intended to be an autobiographical journal. Nor is it intended to endorse specific politics or dogma. My own views are probably more progressive than not, but the spirit of this blog is one of community and inclusion so I will do my best to honor both.

Comments are welcome. Because this is a place for spiritual reflection, I ask commenters to be respectful even when disagreeing with me or others. Comments will be moderated only to maintain a respectful atmosphere.

Next time I will write a little about why I’ve chosen to create this blog, and what it means to me.

Peace!
Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment